Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Night with Mr. Flowers!

Well even though some of my friends have already blogged about going to see The Killers, I still can't resist taking this opportunity to talk about spending the night (haha, well NOT literally!) with my man Mr. Brandon Flowers!




So I went to see The Killers live in concert last Sunday night and my God they were awesome!!!! Like totally!!!! God I must sound like such a ditz right now, oh well what can I say, I'm just like their biggest fan ever! So here's how my night panned out. I got to the venue and met up with one of my gal pals who also wouldn't mind having the title of Mrs. Flowers! We got chocolate ice cream with Maltesers (mmm...yummy, could go for some of that right about now actually, No Wait, …Must Concentrate… Must Keep...BLOGGING! Repeat to yourself "You are stronger then the pull of the chocolate! Get it together girlfriend!!!” Ahh, maybe just a quick visit to the fridge wouldn't hurt…would it?!). Anyway we then took a few photos because that's what you do when you look totally fabulous! And then we ended up inside to get a drink. And it was there in the line to get an alcoholic beverage that we encountered one seriously freaky individual! There was this guy standing behind us and he looked a bit trashed and I swear he was like 35, gross and a total sleaze, but that didn't stop him from trying to start up a conversation with us and insulting me in the process - telling me how a tiny freckle on my arm would eventually turn into a melanoma! (Jeez he seriously had no idea how to chat someone up and well let's face it, he really had no chance anyway!!!!) I was tres (French for very, if you're not sure, hehe) impressed however with my bud telling him where to go, it was one of the highlights of my evening, haha go you fiesty woman! (I won't repeat what she said, but I also think we soo should've thrown our drinks over that creep! But then that would've been a bit of a waste now, wouldn’t it?!).

Anyway moving on, after the supporting acts my man graced the stage with the rest of his awesome band! The whole show was great except for the fact that we had pretty shit tickets! Get this, we lined up at Ticketmaster and got our tickets at 9.02 am and the best seats we could get were like right up the top to the side of the stage (haha, if you can visualise it, it was pretty crap!). So all I could really see was the back of Brandon's head (where's the justice in that!) and then I found out later that one of my other friends won tickets that were right in front of the stage in the middle (oh I was soo jealous!!!). Anyway Brandon's singing was amazing live, I was tres impressed!!! Highlights included "Somebody told me", "Smile like you mean it", "When you were young", "Bones", "Sam's Town" and of course "All these things I've done" (always a crowd favourite!!). But I swear I nearly died when "Mr. Brightside" came on. That has to be one of the best songs ever, and I mean EVER!!!!!



I must say however that I was pretty disappointed with the behaviour of some of the people in the crowd - especially the people standing near us. They all seemed like they had never really been to a concert before and didn’t really get into it. I was like get excited you idiots!! They really didn’t deserve to be in the presence of my man Mr. Flowers! I actually think they would’ve been better off sitting at home with gran knitting for the evening- maybe that would’ve been a bit more exciting for them! Not that there’s anything wrong with all of those lovely seniors out there who enjoy a bit of good old fashioned knitting, I certainly don’t want to offend any of them. I’m merely trying to make a point about the boring zombies that were standing around barely even nodding their heads at the concert! You know I was even jumping around like a crazy woman (or at least attempting to) in three inch high heels! Why in God’s name was I wearing them in the first place you ask? Well, firstly they totally vamped up my outfit and secondly, I guess I just wanted to impress Brandon, hehe, a girl can dream can’t she!! But I must say that I have learnt from this experience that wearing heels to a concert (even if you’re up in the seating section!) is definitely not a good idea in terms of MOH&S (My Occupational Health and Safety! Hahahaha), it’s definitely a potential ankle breaker and even worse, it’s a long way down to fall! (Unless of course you fall into the arms of some Prince Charming, then the pain is definitely worth it, right girls?!!). All I can say though is note to self: “That was the first and last time you will wear heels to a concert - unless you’re a complete idiot, got it!!! (Well, I’ll try anyways!).

So that’s basically it really. Overall, I had a great night - apart from the sleazy creep, shit tickets, stupid crowd and nearly getting hit by a freakin tram afterwards! (Those things are so bloody quiet that at night time they are potentially DEADLY! I swear I saw my entire life flash before my eyes, well…not really, hahaha, but it sounds more dramatic to say so, don’t you think? Hehehehe). I honestly had a fabulous time though, with one seriously hot and I mean HOT man singing to me, aah bliss!!!!! Needless to say, I slept well that night! “Why yes Brandon I will marry you” I said, ... but then I woke up the next morning, DAMN!!!!! (Stupid reality checks, don't you just hate them?!)

Well until next blog, keep smiling and dreaming of Mr. Flowers - I know I will!



(Ooh, too cute! hehe)

4 comments:

Peter Podcast said...

Good.
You actually may develop into a writer.
May.
Turn off word verification or face wrist slap.

rosalie said...

woah dude!!
whenever you type a blog, its like a bloody essay. did you get someone else to type it up while you dictated?? hahaha jks.
ahhh the guy with the comment about melanoma...hilarious.
as for your account about the trams at night....trust!!
ahhh you really are a drama queen....love it lmao!!

Anonymous said...

haha love it!

that guy was a creep haha i'm obviously your hero, defending your from gross old men.

love your blog hun, puts mine to shame. x

Emily said...

jess awesome blog im so proud that you did manage to write one about the killers, that was a MUST. but ah im glad you mentioned your friend who "won tickets" hahaha.. that friends wouldnt happen to be me! bahaha.. trust me enter all comps u may just be lucky!

love your work
xxx