Thursday, January 17, 2008

A belated Happy New Year to you all!

Well my goodness it has been some time since I last graced you all with my presence. So I would firstly like to begin this post by wishing you all a very Happy New Year!!! I hope life is truly treating you very well and that 2008 brings a great deal of happiness and joy into all of your lives. As for me, well what can I say? Life has been really hectic lately, you know how it is - places to go, people to meet. Oh the life of a celebrity, it’s hard being so fabulous! Haha, a girl can dream can’t she???

Well anyways, I figured that since I haven’t blogged in so long, the best way to get back into ‘the swing of things’ so to speak, is to discuss all that I have been up to lately.

Well where do I start? Hmm … I suppose Christmas would be a good place. Overall I had a really nice Christmas break. I caught up with some old friends, spent a few lazy days on the beach and also had some much needed therapy … of the retail kind!!! Hahaha, retail therapy that’s such a girly saying I know, but seriously it really is amazing how good a new pair of shoes for example (particularly high heels in my opinion) can make you feel. I also did the whole traditional thing of putting up decorations everywhere around my house (haha, you can never ever have enough fairy lights and tinsel … EVER!!!), as well as watching the Christmas Carols with my family. Nothing really beats belting out to “Jingle Bells” or “Rocking around the Christmas Tree” with those you love most.

As a Catholic I also attended a Christmas mass at my local church on Christmas Eve. The highlight was definitely seeing all of the little kids dressed up as angels, kings, shepherds, etc. It really brought back memories of when I was at primary school and we did the same thing. We of course thought we looked so great wearing our angel wings and dresses, and sheets / tea towels (for the shepherds). I’m not so sure however that I would go that far these days, but those kids were so cute that they could pull off any outfit (even if it was made from bits and pieces belonging to their home linen closet). And finally of course I spent Christmas day as per usual with my family. We had a nice relaxed day by the pool at my cousin’s house and I can proudly say that I did my fair share of eating at lunch, oh and dinner and umm, did I mention ….DESSERT!!! Seconds anyone??? I vote YES!

Oh and then came New Years Eve which is always a lot of fun. I had an awesome night in the city with a great view of the fireworks from directly in front of the Harbour Bridge. In my opinion, you couldn’t really ask for anything more! I honestly don’t think that there is a better way to ring in the New Year then being in the city, as the atmosphere is just amazing - c’est formidable! (That’s French for “It’s fabulous!” if you’re not quite sure.)

So now we are in 2008! I don’t know about anyone else out there but I always find the first few months of a new year to be quite strange, especially when I have to write the date down. It’s like you get so used to writing a certain year eg: “07” and then BAM, all of a sudden there’s this strange new number in your life that you have to gradually get used to, haha it’s just weird! (Or perhaps maybe I’m just a bit strange, I don’t know. Does anyone out there agree???)

Anyways, with a new year there is also one thing that is always guaranteed, and that is New Year’s resolutions. For example: “I must learn to put down the chocolate cake and get to a gym pronto!” Well like most people, I also wouldn’t mind getting back into a solid exercise routine not just to work off those ‘unwanted Christmas kilos’ (Bahaha, how many times has that phrase been used, way too many!) but to just be healthier in general. Overall however, I just hope that 2008 will be a really happy and exciting year, not just for myself but for everyone.

Well until next time,
Au revoir.

1 comment:

rosalie said...

wiki wiki!!
woah you typed (im very proud) a long ass blog....again!!!!
well all i have to say is........ HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU JESSICA!!
cya tomorrow
xxx