Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Secret Language of Birthdays!

Well I would first like to begin this post by stating that I am not one of those people who like tarot cards and I also don’t want to have a personal reading done by a clairvoyant anytime soon! I do however find it quite interesting to read about astrology - star signs, numerology, etc. I must say that I definitely enjoy reading the predictions for my own star sign in particular - I’m a pretty proud Leo, I like long walks on the beach, sunsets (haha), chocolates, going to the theatre, etc. Obviously though, I know that the weekly star sign readings in trashy gossip magazines and on the internet are not always 100% or even 10% correct but I do think that an understanding of astrology does help you to learn a lot not only about yourself but also about the people around you.

Anyways I actually have a few books on astrology and I have found that they can be very useful in terms of: suggesting what type of career I would excel in, health problems that I may need to look out for, issues to do with money / finances (note to self: do not over indulge when shoe shopping!), love and relationships - what other star signs I am most compatible with, etc. I have also found that basic knowledge of star signs in general can help you to learn a lot about your family members, friends, work colleagues, etc. I think it’s a really great tool to have because once you know someone’s star sign you will automatically know a lot about them - eg: their overall personality, what sort of activities they may like to do (if they are a more mellow / calmer sign for instance any of the Earth or Water signs, they may be interested in art, poetry, being out in nature, etc vs. someone who is a Fire or Air sign who may prefer extreme sports or going to see live theatre), etc.

So that brings me to the focus of this post and that is a book that my mum recently bought. The book is called “The Secret Language of Birthdays – Your Complete Personology Guide for Each Day of the Year” and it is written by Gary Goldschneider & Joost Elffers (published by the Penguin Group).

(I love the cover of this book, very sweet!)

The thing I like about this book is that unlike the average astrology book that gives more general information on each of the twelve star signs, this book actually provides specific information for each day of the year. So you can basically read what your birthday says about you – what type of personality you have, what specific health problems you may encounter, what type of career you will most likely excel in, etc, all based on the day you were born. The other great thing is that you can read all about your family members and friends, your employer (it may even help you work out how to sweet talk them into giving you that promotion or a raise!) and also people that you have only just met (the book may assist you in deciding whether they are worth being friends with or perhaps something more, hehe). All I can say is that even if you are a complete skeptic, I do recommend that you get a copy of this book and read what it has to say about you. Who knows, you may just learn something new about yourself and those around you.

Oh and one more thing, I actually read a review on this book recently (sorry I forget what newspaper it was in) and it stated that this book has actually been very popular with employers. Apparently there are a number of employers that refer to this book when selecting their employees – to see what type of overall personality they have, if they are hard working, motivated, easy going and friendly, etc. I don’t know for sure, but perhaps they even use this book as a deciding factor to make sure a potential employee is right for their business. So there you go. Now get out there and pick up a copy of this book to see what it says about you. Hopefully for your sake its good news! Haha.

Well until next time, all the best.

No comments: